Thursday, April 2, 2009

Just sit and be embraced

My youngest ran up to me last night and hugged me. The kind of hug that about knocks you over and then he clung to me. I asked what's wrong. "Nothing" but his grip didn't loosen. I asked, "Is everything OK?". "Yea", he replied, "can't I just hug you!" OK, so I started talking with him and asking him about things. He got annoyed and answered me back rather rudely. I corrected his tone to which he asked, "CAN'T I JUST HUG YOU?-don't talk to me!" I hugged that child tightly for awhile then he pulled away and was off.

This got me thinking-Timothy just needed a huge embrace and was content to come to me and receive it. That's what he needed/wanted at the time; for me to quiet myself and just hold him tightly. I'm so glad the Lord knows our needs and we can go to Him and be embraced. We can enter His presence and just be HUGGED. We don't have to know what to say or really even need a reason-we just need to be willing!

May you feel a hug from your Heavenly Father today no matter why you need it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so true! Thanks for sharing this parent-child reflection of God's relationship with us!!

This is also a classic example of conflicts that can arise due to gender differences. -verbal face-to-face interaction versus side-by-side action-oriented bonding.

-Toby

abby said...

Thanks Dee-Dee!
-abs

One of my favorite songs right now--This really challenges me to keep my life in check--CONSTANTLY!