Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I am a shower!?!

OK, so I'm cleaning the shower today and I'm trying to get rid of soap scum. I had this wonderful illustration come to me (thank you Lord!).
Soap is a good thing in it's self-right? We use/need it to clean our bodies-nothing wrong with that, but soap scum is not good on the shower walls. So we try to get rid of it but scrubbing with water-doesn't work; hot water & scrub brush-doesn't get it all. We need to use something stronger-right!?! and the longer it's left unclean the harder it is to remove.
Kinda like sin in our lives. The thing may not be sinful in it's self but left on the wrong place or in the wrong place it becomes ugly and gross. Pretty soon everyone sees it and we can try to clean it up ourselves but we can't-we need something stronger...
Also, if left untreated on a daily basis, we end up back to that nasty place again be it ever so slowly.
Oh Lord, clean me daily and help me not to allow good things take the place you deserve and desire in my life. Be first and help me 'sparkle' for you!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Great illustration!

One of my favorite songs right now--This really challenges me to keep my life in check--CONSTANTLY!