Thursday, February 11, 2010

PART ONE


OK, so the verse I've been pondering lately is, "Be still and know that I am God".
I didn't think so many things would be revealed to me/about me through this.
I'm going to attempt to share some in short sections.

"BE STILL"
Now I've heard and read this verse before but I couldn't get past my disdain for being still or as I took it, doing nothing. I'm the type of person that goes forward & when I hit the wall (hard), then I'll change direction. Yes, I have had my teeth knock out because of this (once literally-another story) and suffered many bruises. Now let me say, I don't mean that this isn't the way the Lord answers prayers sometimes because He has guided me often this way. Yet sometimes it's not the way God leads/reveals His plan.

But how can I do nothing? Do nothing, that can't be right!!

In learning about verbs, we learn about being verbs (linking/helping verbs). So 'be' is a verb. A verb is an action. (Oh, action-I like that.) So far I'm alright with the word be, but then the next word, still. What do I do with that? Still is one of those words that is an adjective, noun, adverb, conjunction and a verb!

Let me tell you a quick story of my youngest: He has a speech teacher this year that's a bit old-school, in that she requires him to sit & not move during his lesson. This very difficult for him!! Once after speech he said he was SO TIRED! How can you be tired, I asked, you just sat for a 1/2 hour. Yea, it's hard work being still....

Hmmmmm, hard work being still...

So in the command, "Be still", there is action involved. That action is often the hardest; maybe that's why I often avoid it.

No comments:

One of my favorite songs right now--This really challenges me to keep my life in check--CONSTANTLY!