Tuesday, December 23, 2008

previously on facebook...

I am often touched, encouraged and challenged by music. Maybe it's because my Daddy sings in church with such passion and surrounded me w/ALL kinds of music when I was little; maybe it's because my hubby has an incredible voice and is blest in the musical/acting arts; maybe it's the little bit of muscial ability (more appreciation than talent) that I have; or maybe it's watching my 'baby', Timothy, bloom and develop into his definate God given musical gifts--BUT I often hear God through songs & music--and I don't mean just hymns and the songs sung at church or listened to during offertory. Am I affected by those?--YEA! Yes, the typical classical pieces move me as well. But music points me to God from classical, instrumental, chant, dance, rock, gospel, blue grass, praise & worship, rap, hip hop and many more. And another thing, I like all kinds of music too-some more than others especially on certain days or with certain moods-you get my point...We know God is musical-has to be, He created ALL things! Am I allowed to enjoy and be spoken to by different kinds of music as another example of how BIG God is?I think so!!!So does He speak to you? How? But most of all, are you listening and obeying?

No comments:

One of my favorite songs right now--This really challenges me to keep my life in check--CONSTANTLY!