Monday, December 29, 2008

My Profile Picture...

I really like the Teach/Learn reflection picture. It kinda sums up life with my kids on an average day. I really enjoy teaching them at home and seeing them learn and grow but I LOVE what I learn from them.
What do I mean?
--The way they interact so honestly with each other.
--The excitement about new things learned and willingness to share.
--The urgency to find the answer.
--The importance of doing it right.
--The way questions are asked to dig deeper.
--The daily repetition to master a new concept.
So what does this have to do with me?
--Am I honest with those around me? Do I tell the truth when asked how I am? Do I lie to myself that my spiritual life is fine-knowing I have far to go and fail often? Do I speak the truth in love to my husband, kids and my church family?
--Am I allowing the Lord to teach me new things and do I get excited about them and do I willingly want to share them.
--Do I have an urgency to find the Lord's answers in Scripture?
--Do I strive to do thing right? or take the easy way? or my way?
--When was the last time I searched and studied the Bible to know the Lord fuller? and stayed there until I did?
--How easily do I give up on doing what God has for me because it's hard; I'm not comfortable doing it; or I messed up?
Now what?
I pray and I pray that the Lord will work in my heart and life and make me the woman He wants me to be. Sounds like I've got some more learning to do...

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Don't we all? I have sooo much learning (or should I say re-learning) to do.

One of my favorite songs right now--This really challenges me to keep my life in check--CONSTANTLY!