Thursday, February 26, 2009

What does your Bible look like?

I wanted to look up something in the Bible real quick; so I asked Sara for hers since I was too lazy to run downstairs to get mine. I was shocked at how worn it was. I started to question her, "What happened?, Why is your Bible in such bad shape?, Don't you take care of it?, Aunt T and Uncle Dave gave that to you!"
"Yes Mommy, I take good care of it but I use it everyday!", she replied.
As I turned to the passage I wanted to look up, the word-EVERYDAY-echoed in my head. I saw pages dog-eared, bookmarks in other passages, highlighted verses, notes from sermons, personal notes on journal pages, and her own thoughts written in the margins throughout the whole book.
Needless to say-I was convicted. My almost 11 year old knew what I sometimes forget--The Bible-God's Word-needs to be entered into everyday and interacted with...
I really don't think Aunt T and Uncle Dave will mind that she 'USES' the gift they gave her about 3 years ago and uses it 'hard'!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very true.
-abs

Anonymous said...

Oh, the lessons we learn from our Children!!--and they NEVER stop teaching us!
....from a very humbled and proud MomMom and mother.

One of my favorite songs right now--This really challenges me to keep my life in check--CONSTANTLY!