Tuesday, December 8, 2009

GARLIC BREATH

On Saturday, December 5, our church had its women's luncheon. It was a wonderful time especially since just I got to go! Now don't get me wrong I so enjoying being wife & mother but sometimes you just gotta have time to be WOMAN. I had about a 20 minute ride alone which I listened to the silence for awhile then put on some Christmas music. Everything was perfect from the fireplace, food & decorations to the snow falling gently outside. The women at my table were great and I embraced the time to just talked 'girl-talk'. Of course the food was fabulous!!!



Now one of the dishes I had had garlic in it. Now I love garlic, but to be honest I didn't think it was that strong...until I arrived home and Terry asked what did you have with garlic.



This got me thinking that even though what I ate wasn't strong with garlic to me (but because Terry hadn't had any)-it was strong to him and very overpowering. Is this what our sin is like to God? We say this-or-that isn't really that bad, besides so-and-so does much worse. But as soon as we enter God's presence He knows we had some sin....so even our little bit stinks to Him!

Oh Lord, help me not to stink to you!

No comments:

One of my favorite songs right now--This really challenges me to keep my life in check--CONSTANTLY!