Friday, January 8, 2010

What is God doing?

I wrote in a previous post I'm reading the Chronological Bible for my devotions this year. Right now I'm reading through the book of Job. Talk about humbling...

How often are we in a similar spot as Job?

Now I'm not talking about all his loses or physical ailments--I'm speaking of not knowing or understanding what God is doing...

In the beginning of the book it says Satan comes before God & GOD says to consider His servant. (Reminder to the fact that even Satan has to have permission-God is in COMPLETE control at all times--greater is He that is in me, then he that is in the world-such reassurance!!!) But my point here is that Job doesn't realize that the situation isn't about Job being punished for sin but to show Satan, Job's wife, friends, and us many things...

There are lots of lessons to learn from this story about the character of God, Satan, giving advice to the grieving, being a true friend, how to handle hard times, how not to handle hard times, etc....

My point is we don't know at all times what God is doing, nor, at times, do we understand why. I find the story of Job to be an encouragement--On the grand scheme of things this life is not about me!!!! It's all about my Heavenly Father--we are after all, HIS creation!

I'm also thankful that God allows us in our frail humanness to ask, question, and just say, "God what are you doing?"

1 comment:

steff said...

hi kristel! just found your blog.I have one too at everythingvintagesteff.com. It has a different emphasis than yours but I can see you like to write! have a great day!

One of my favorite songs right now--This really challenges me to keep my life in check--CONSTANTLY!