Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Dee-Dee's 'deep' thoughts

I guess the whole New Year thing has me thinking about my life--the way things turned out different than I had planned and the way things are better because God took control. The question of who I am is a daily changing one because I have so far to go to be who the Lord wants me to be. I'm so thankful God doesn't change and constantly loves, forgives, disciplines, and kicks my butt (encourages me).
Often in defining ourselves we list our roles--it seems to be the easiest.
I am a daughter, sister, aunt, sister-in-law, cousin, friend, wife, mother, church member, teacher, etc...
I am a worshipper.
I am a student.
I am and will be for all eternity a worshipper of my Creator God.
Also, I'm a student, learning more about Him, His word, and His plan for me each day.
Because I am a child of the King my roles mean so much more and must have an enternal view. I need to go through each day with purpose knowing who I am is from God.
Does that scare me?
Yeah, but along with that responsibility comes a tremendous peace. You know what I mean, that peace that comes from being in the center of the Lord's will. Taking each step with Him to fulfill those roles that often define who I am.
I guess in this rambling my deep thought is:
In all I do and am,
I must be centered in the Lord's will
to be who He wants me to be.
Along with that comes peace, strength, growth, and wisdom
to fulfill the daily challenges.

No comments:

One of my favorite songs right now--This really challenges me to keep my life in check--CONSTANTLY!