Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What are you waiting for?

I'm not a big political follower (my cousin has a blog about that-if interested let me know). Yet this election had so many groundbreaking firsts-it was very interesting to keep up with. I have friends with strong views for/against/about the new president. My husband even joked yesterday, "Tomorrow everything will be alright because we'll have a new president!". This morning the kids and I plan to watch the ceremony and they have been excited about the newness of all this (this is the 1st year they have been old enough to understand and follow the whole political process of electing government, especially a president). "What day?", "What time?", "What station?"...I have done the best I can (like I said-not big into politics) to ready them to watch, etc...
Yet as I was getting a shower this morning (deep thoughts often happen there), I began to think--What have I done to prepare and excite them to watch and wait for the return of Jesus. Have I been as purposeful and as intentional with those lessons? Do I ask- What day?, What time?
Lord, may I live my life that others may see and know Who I am waiting for.

3 comments:

Bownes said...

that's a good word Dee-Dee

Anonymous said...

I agree. Thanks. (that was Stephen earlier)

Bownes said...

What?! I'm too busy to be spending time online all day! That was definitely Simeon. He blogs and spends all his time in political chat rooms!

One of my favorite songs right now--This really challenges me to keep my life in check--CONSTANTLY!